A simple 2-minute illustration of what it can be like to read with dyslexia
Tuesday, 6 October 2020 at 17:00pm (GMT):
Experiences of Davis from a client/parent perspective.
Carl Nigi underwent a dyslexia programme as an adult and was so impressed that he decided to train to help others.
Vanessa Victor was in despair seeing her child struggle and fail at school but after seeing the dramatic change in her child she too became a Davis facilitator.
Share your stories and ask your questions in this interactive webinar.
Meeting ID: 850 6982 5059
Wednesday 7 October 2020 at 17:00 GMT:
Why and how the Davis Dyslexia Correction Programmes work
- Davis Focusing strategies,
- Davis Symbol Mastery,
- Davis Reading Exercises.
Non-verbal vs verbal thought,
orientation/focus vs disorientation,
confusion and triggers in symbols.
Diary of a Davis Programme client.
Meeting ID: 810 8361 5875
Thursday 8 October 2020 at 17:00 GMT:
Dyslexia: A TEACHING difficulty, NOT a learning difficulty?
Prevention is better than a cure.
Davis Learning Strategies - the ultimate solution.
Meeting ID: 884 1324 4419
In our webinars we mention a number of websites which can help you find various Davis resources, and below you can find links to most of them.
- The top-level Davis Dyslexia Association International website, where you can find everything about Davis: https://www.dyslexia.com
- The international directory of licensed Davis facilitators: https://www.davismethod.org
- The international directory of Davis training, workshops and other events: https://www.davistraining.info
- The English-language international Facebook page for Davis dyslexia support: https://www.facebook.com/groups/davisdyslexia
- The English language international support website for help with the follow-up work at home: https://www.symbolmastery.com
- The free online course for teachers and parents, inspired by the Davis approach: https://www.whytyrannosaurusbutnotif.com
- The trial online course for parents who wish to teach their child to read using the Davis approach: https://www.2learntoread.org
- The Davis research page: https://www.dyslexia.com/research/
We will be posting a recording of two webinars here, once we have processed them. Please come back for that.
If you are an involved parent, teacher, remedial professional, or a member of any other group interested in having a better understanding of learning difficulties and discovering how to support and enhance people's learning abilities, we can offer you a free lecture on any of the subjects listed below - or even a combination of them:
- The Gift of Dyslexia lecture
- The Davis Learning Strategies lecture
- The Davis Math Mastery lecture
- The Gift of ADHD lecture